From: The Past and Present of Warren Co., Il
Published: Chicago, H. F. Ket & Co., Cor. 5th Ave. and Washington St., 1877
Return to Index Page
The Methodist Episcopal Church was organized at Center school house in the spring of 1875. The first meetings were held at this place. The members were David Vangilder, Jennie Vangilder, E.F. Dehart, L. A. Dehart, J.A. Williams, J. Chapman, M. Chapman, C. Gunn, Cath. Gunn, M.B. Torrance, Mary Conklin, Fhoda Chapman, Eliza J. Altman, W.H. Dehart, John R. Conklin, C.B. Torrance, Sarah J. Morey. Their church was built in the spring of 1875, at a cost of $1,700. Rev. J.W. Coe served six months. He was followed by Rev. P.S. Garrettson, who took charge September, '75, and is the present pastor. There are at present, thirty-five members and a Sabbath school of thirty-five scholars.
Return to Homepage Updated September 11, 2001