|EARLY DAYS IN GREENBUSH|
Henry Beam was born in Westmoreland county, Pennsylvania, March 22, 1813. He was a son of Henry and Rachael (Chune) Beam. In 1830, he came with his parents to Champaign county, Ohio, where he was married to Nancy Spencer, March 21, 1838. She was born in Ohio, April 10, 1814, and was a daughter of Eli and Sarah (Monihon) Spencer. In 1851, Mr. Beam moved with his family to Greenbush, Illinois. After residing in the township a short time, he purchased of Chap Swift lots 8 and 9 on section 16, and moved on the premises January 2, 1852, where he lived up to the time of his death, which occurred July 8, 1885. His wife died November 21, 1893. To them were born the following-named children:
Henry Beam and wife united with the Methodist Episcopal church in 1843. When the Olive Christian church was organized in Greenbush township, Mrs. Beam became a member and retained her membership up to the time of her death. Henry Beam acquired a considerable education in his younger days. He taught school fourteen winters when he resided in Ohio. He was by occupation a farmer the most of his life. In politics he voted with the republicans.