The Cumberland Presbyterian Church was organized at Boothe school house September, 1863, with about seventeen members, viz: Josiah Kirkpatrick, Lucinda Hindman, Mary Hughens, Eliza Hindman, Amanda Johnson, W.R. Hindman, John B. O’Neal, Mary E. Dixon, Mary Dixon, Mary E. Boyd, Elizabeth Hughens, Susan F. Dean, Esther Hughens, J.M. O’Neal, Malony O’Neal, Elizabeth O’Neal, Elizabeth Curtis, Mary Lester, Emma J. Boyd. The church was bought from the M.E. society for $500. Their first pastor, John Crawford, served ten years. Rev. J.D. Foster is the present pastor. The membership is fifteen. No Sabbath school at present.
Source: The Past and Present of Warren County, Illinois, containing a history of the county–its cities, towns &c., a biographical directory of its citizens, war record of its volunteers in the late rebellion, portraits of early settlers and prominent men, general and local statistics, map of Warren County, history of Illinois, Constitution of the United States. Chicago. H. F. Kett & Co. 1877.